Reports to: Head of Student Recruitment and Marketing
Area: Student Recruitment and Marketing
Salary: £37,345.00 per annum
Hours: Full-time, 37 hours per week
Location: Wallisdown, Poole BH12 5HH
How to apply
To apply, please complete an application found within the following link:
4 January 2019
Arts University Bournemouth is committed to a policy of Equality and Inclusivity and welcomes applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
ROLE SPECIFIC INFORMATION AND CHALLENGES
The Schools and Colleges Liaison Manager is a new post which will lead and coordinate the University’s engagement, recruitment and outreach activities with schools, colleges and academies. The postholder will coordinate the engagement of academic and professional services colleagues to maximise opportunities to utilise University resource in building an enduring relationship between AUB and the school/further education sectors, particularly at local level.
The role will initially be required to consolidate the University’s current outreach activities to ensure a comprehensive and progressive programme and relevant geographic range. The postholder will have responsibility for planning and implementing an innovative schools programme of activity, working predominantly with 16-18 year-old learners. They will be expected to promote not just Higher Education and AUB but more broadly the Arts, creative education and the link with the creative industries. The postholder will be expected to build relationships with education staff, appropriate agencies and other key influencers.
The Schools and Colleges Liaison Manager will work closely with the Widening Participation Manager in respect of the coordination and integration of the University’s Widening Participation activities with Schools and Colleges Liaison activities to meet the University’s aim of raising aspirations towards HE and improving application rates to AUB from target learners and under-represented groups. The postholder will also be responsible for working with colleagues in Marketing, e.g. the Events and Schools team, to ensure efficiency of operations and maintain/develop the established position with the large number of schools already engaged with AUB activity. Additionally, the Schools and Colleges Liaison Manager will ensure a coordinated approach is applied to the deliverables of this role and that of the activities of the International Team in their engagement and activities with UK based international schools. Similarly with the Extended and Short Study Team and their engagement with UK-based secondary schools, academies, private schools and international schools, maximising opportunities for recruitment to AUB courses.
The demands of the post require an individual with the drive and ability to coordinate and galvanise activity across AUB. The postholder will develop innovative approaches to student recruitment reflecting the creative nature of AUB. They will draw on the whole of university assets to achieve recruitment targets. The ability to engage with the senior leadership of schools, academies and colleges is essential for building enduring relationships through activities of mutual benefit.
- To lead and coordinate the University’s engagement, recruitment and outreach activities with schools, colleges and academies.
- To proactively manage, review and enhance relationships with target schools, colleges and academies, ensuring effective representation of AUB at events.
- To liaise with the Widening Participation manager in the coordination and integration of the University’s Widening Participation activities with Schools and Colleges Liaison activities to meet the University’s aim of raising aspirations towards HE and improving application rates to AUB from target learners and under-represented groups.
- To work closely with academic and professional services colleagues to ensure a coordinated and effective approach to schools engagement.
- To manage the process of recruitment, training and deployment of AUB students and alumni to support the University’s Schools programme.
- To ensure compliance with relevant University policies and procedures for all activities, including undertaking appropriate risk assessments to meet statutory regulations, e.g. health and safety and safeguarding, for visits by and visits to schools, academies and colleges.
- To keep fully up to date with the UK Education system and ensure that AUB activities meet the needs of schools, academies and colleges ae well as the University.