Reports to: Lecturer BA (Hons) Make-up for Media and Performance
Salary: £30,395 - £34,189 per annum
Hours: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Wallisdown, Poole BH12 5HH
How to apply
To apply, please complete an application found within the following link:
4 March 2019
25 March 2019
Arts University Bournemouth is committed to a policy of Equality and Inclusivity and welcomes applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
Applications are invited for the above post to contribute to our dynamic provision of BA (Hons) Make-up for Media and Performance at Arts University Bournemouth. The course provides a student centred learning environment where bold and innovative approaches to the broad study of make-up design and transformation aim to challenge existing boundaries of contemporary make-up practice.
The post holder will be enthusiastic and well informed about the broad area of specialist and contemporary make-up practices, wig making, hair work, prosthetic make-up effects and be able to teach all aspects of make-up design transformation across the 3 years of study. They will also be flexible in their approach to a make-up education and open to development and training within the discipline.
The post holder will be working as part of a dedicated course team who have an open minded approach to Make-up for Media and Performance and how the subject area might continue to evolve in the future.
The post holder will be capable of managing the effective learning of student through devising briefs, delivering inspiring workshops and active involvement in the assessment process. Experience in an HE environment is desirable. The successful candidate will ideally hold a Masters level qualification and a teaching qualification or Higher Education Academy (HEA) membership or be willing to obtain these within two years.
This position seeks to appoint someone who can enhance the ethos of excellence both on the course and at the Arts University.
- Provide teaching, assessment, tutorial and pastoral responsibilities in order to enable students to receive a high quality educational experience
- Devise and document lesson plans and schemes of work in order to ensure current, relevant and effective teaching is consistently delivered across the subject area
- Maintain and contribute to the enhancement of the quality of teaching and learning on courses/awards
- Undertake research and scholarly activity, as well as knowledge transfer activity
- Maintain currency in the subject area and in industry practices
- Effectively meet student expectations through the delivery of duties; enhancing and maintaining high levels of student performance
- Support the recruitment and retention of AUB students by engaging in University activities e.g. open days Engage in and develop external networks
- Support and represent the activities of the subject area/course/award/faculty
- Contribute to the administration and organisation of a course/award subject area as directed
- Contribute to quality assurance systems and processes
- Work with project teams/working groups to support the achievement of faculty/university objectives
- To observe and adhere to all AUB policies relevant to the role
- To undertake such other duties as may reasonably be requested